I know I haven't been as active with my blog.....I'm busy "adulting" working a full time job now, you know how that goes! Haha. But I'm really going to try and get back to posting regularly. :)
With that said, I was recently asked to do a post on places that I like to shop. Being a petite girl, and by petite I mean being 4'8" with a woman's body and barely a size 5 foot! As much as I LOVE shopping, sometimes it can be frustrating when you're not the average size 4 and can fit in a normal size 7 shoe. But, I love being short and I wouldn't have it any other way. So I've made do with what I have and what's available to me!
As far as shoes, I'm a size 5 on a good day and can make a size 6 boot work with a couple extra pairs of socks. If I need shoes on the go, honestly I just go to Payless and call it a day. They have sections labeled and I can go to the women's 5, grab a pair of shoes and be done. Super easy! When I need some fancy shoes, like I used to for homecoming or prom, I would go to Nina Shoes because they always had super small sizes....All the way down to a 4 sometimes! Now a days, my go to shoe store is Steve Madden. Nine times out of ten their shoes fit just as I want them to. And I can get anything from flats, to sandals, to pumps, to wedges and high heels. They're quality shoes, at a decent price and not to mention they're super cute!
Now let's talk about clothes. If I know I have an event coming up like a banquet or party, I need at least a month or so to put together an outfit. Being so petite I need to either order things online, get something altered, or just spend two weeks searching for something that actually fits. Whereas other girls can take one day to shop for their outfit, shoes, and all accessories. Lucky!!! So if you're petite like me, here's a list of places I like to shop that I can normally (not always) make do with their clothing:
1. H&M - They're sizing is European so things are tiny, and short. I have a few maxi dresses and rompers that I love from here!
2. Forever XXI - Obviously every girls' go to. This store is quick, easy, and most times has extra smalls. Thank you F21!
3. Bebe - If you need a nicer looking cocktail dress, this is your place. They have XXS that I sometimes can't even fit into! If you're going out on the town or to an upscale dinner, you can (normally) always find a really cute cocktail dress here. Sometimes though I will warn you the clothes are a bit out there or a little too "scandalous" for my taste. But with a little searching the perfect dress is right around the next rack!
4. Fashion Nova - I recently got into a lot of online shopping and I'm really a fan of this store. They're clothes fit very complimentary. The extra smalls/smalls have most times fit me nicely or I just needed a little tweaking here and there. But otherwise I've gotten some really cute dresses and rompers from this store that I'd really recommend!
5. Want My Look - This is another online store I really like. I have a set from there that I ordered in an extra small and fit PERFECTLY! The sizing is true to size, and they have my style of clothing.
6. Tillys - Okay I know it's crazy but Tillys girls' section sometimes just really comes in handy! I can fit their girls section pretty nicely, and most times their extra smalls in women's fit pretty well. But I definitely have a few dresses from the girls' section that fit just right and I'm not ashamed!
All of these stores are super affordable, and have really stylish clothes and accessories!
Some other stores I like just in general are Henri Bendel, Francesca's, Hot Miami Styles, and Aldo. Being petite isn't easy, but with a little time and patience your shopping can be successful! Hopefully this post helps some of my fellow vertically challenged friends. If you share this beautiful trait please feel free to share your shopping tips!
Thanks for reading!